Under the Start-up India Action Plan, start-ups that meet the definition as prescribed under the G.S.R. notification 180 (E), are eligible to apply for recognition under the program. The Start-ups must provide supporting documents, at the time of application.
What is defined as a Start-Up?
- Up to 5 years from its date of incorporation / registration
- Incorporated as either a Private Limited Company or a Registered Partnership Firm or a Limited Liability Partnership
- Turnover for any fiscal year has not exceeded INR 25 crore
- Entity should not have been formed by splitting up or reconstruction a business already in existence
- Working towards innovation, development, deployment or commercialization of new product, processes or services driven by technology or intellectual property